Twitter

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fight to Win!


If you know the school bully has targeted you for a "whooping", do you just show up and let it happen? I don't know about you, but, knowing I have an enemy who wants to hurt me, I would take steps to make sure I won the fight! I've had a few people try to fight me in my earlier years. As a person who does NOT want to or like to fight, I had a plan. My plan? Bring along the little sister. Yes, she's younger (only a year), but she's mean, and I knew she could do some serious damage if provoked.

In one instance, a girl kept bothering me as I walked home from school. She was dating a boy I had previously dated, and I guess she didn't like me walking down the street. Anyway, when the fight came, it wasn't with her and it wasn't me doing the fighting. My sister beat the crap out of the other girl's sister. Yes, it's a girl thing, but you should have been there. The other girl was flopping around like a fish, able to do very little against the wrath of my little sis! Neither girl ever bothered me again: fight won!

I am so glad I had my sister there to fight for me, because I have no fighting skills and she has more than enough. If we won't face a human enemy without a plan, why do we go about our lives fighting with our spiritual enemy (satan and his crew) without making plans for the battle? Do we expect our troops to head into battle without guns and other things they need to tip the battle in our favor? Absolutely not! Guess what? We shouldn't do that either.

In Ephesians 6:13-17, we learn that God has provided us with armor to wear as we go into battle with Him. The biggest thing we do is make sure we're on His side. I was soooooo glad my sister was fighting FOR me and not against me! Then He gives us armor and expects us to use it. It is arrogant to go into battle against the devil without the full armor of God!

Every Christian will face spiritual warfare: it's inevitable as the devil attempts to attack through deceit and outright warfare. We can stand strong in the battle if we suit up, put on our armor, make sure we're on the right side and be aware of the enemy's tactics.

In studying the armor of God, we need to:

---"LOOK OUT" (Eph. 6:10-12) Are you prepared and aware that spiritual warfare will and does happen?
---"GEAR UP" (Eph. 6:13-17) What is the armor of God and how do I get it?
---"THINK STRATEGICALLY" (2 Cor. 10:3-5) Plan for battle, know the enemy's tactics and outsmart him by wearing your armor in battle.

Clip art: http://gospelgifs.com/clips/clipz4/clipzz07.htm
Headings for studying" " - Life Focus, Bible Studies for Life Leader Guide, WINTER 2009-2010

3 comments:

  1. i think that no matter what the circumstances that you can face anything as long as you have God on your side!! Spiritual warfare is something to take serousely cuz if you dont have him on your side you cant win or do anything!!((:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the battle is to allow God to have full control of my life. I too have been studying about Gospel Armor. I think God is preparing us for the daily battle, every time we read, pray and ask for His will in our lives. Gear up so that we can all stand together and her Father God say good and faithful servant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! Time is short, we need to get serious about the battles we face.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to see your thoughts or recieve feedback. Any profane or otherwise offensive comments will not be approved, so keep it clean please:)