Twitter

Friday, May 7, 2010

Post from Colors Magazine concerning who I am:

I always say I have spent my entire life having my “identity” ripped to shreds by God as I went from believing one identity after another. God would say, no, that’s what you do, or that’s what you like, it is not who you are. I’m still in process, but I have learned that my true identity is only found in Christ. I am a child of God, and none of those other things really matter in comparrison.

If I lose the ability to sing, I am still a child of God.
If I no longer teach, I am still a child of God.
If I am divorced, I am still a child of God.
If I lose everything this world has to offer, it effects not my identity, because those are things I “have” or “do” or “like”. They may be gifts from God for me to use, but they are not my identity. My identity remains the same regardless of anything else, because it is fixed: I am a child of the King!

View the magazine and article this is in response to at: http://www.thecolorsmagazine.com/2010/05/the-nature-of-identity/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to see your thoughts or recieve feedback. Any profane or otherwise offensive comments will not be approved, so keep it clean please:)